Follow

Wrath

Character » Wrath appears in 54 issues.

Is one of Fullmetal Alchemist's primary antagonist. While he is known to Amestrians as their President and ruler, the man called Fuhrer King Bradley is really the deadly homunculus Wrath, working against humanity to serve the will of his creator(Father). He is one of the 7 homunculi. Originally, he was Wrath in the 2003 series but was changed to Pride in the 2009 series.

What kind of sword does he use?

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By Deadknight

This has been bugging me for a while. I'm very familiar with the overall style of the sword, but I can't figure out whether it fits into a certain sword style classification - such as longsword, katana, or rapier. 
    I'm assuming that it's most likely just classified as a longsword, but I'm also leaning toward rapier. For all I know, it could actually fall into a classification that I'm completely unaware of.
    Any sword experts out there who can help me out? 

Reviin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@deadknight: Hrmmmmmm the blade appears to be that of a straight saber. So that would be what I would guess it is....Or atleast a variation of a straight saber.

Arathorn_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It also looks a lot like a Court sword

No Caption Provided

wWireSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched Fullmetal alchemist, Brotherhood and both films so i'll break down my theory.

How it's used:

In the series Bradley wields it somewhere between a rapier and straight sabre but he doesn't lunge too often like you would with a rapier but that doesn't discount rapier because they can be used perfectly well without ever making a lunge.

Physical appearance:

It's length looks proportional to both rapier and sabre but it's width is a little on the thin side for your typical straight sabre but infantry sabres are similarly thin which makes the biggest difference the guard. Almost all rapier guards are basket or bowl likeand cover much of the hand whereas American infantry sabres can have a knuckle guard just like Fuhrer king Bradley's sword.

I think the sword is based on an American infantry straight sabre. but remember it's an anime and what inspired the artist is not necessarily this.

MathiasDante02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My best guess would be based on appearance and use in the series.

• 1818 NCO MODEL STARR INFANTRY STRAIGHT SABER

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.