• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export with Chapter Markers, then Watch on https://assets.adobe.com/files…

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Target : is to export a video
(keeping the file weight light) WITH CHAPTER MARKERS as a Media File to be hosted/displayed on https://.assets.ABOBE.com/Files/… etc. The functionality to switch from Chapter to Chapter should be included.

Problem : Once exported, the clip doesn’t display any Chapter Markers. I’d like to identify why and how to find a real fix.

I read about any open-source-video-encoder-workarounds ( #handbrake | https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/encoding-chapter-markers/m-p/10594119#M22520... ).
…But, ADOBE, …seriously ?

Hard to believe – from a leading software like ADOBE PREMIERE PRO – there is no way to export any clip WITH CHAPTER MARKERS functionality in order for them to get displayed on the web without YouTube.
The few tutorials found online simply don’t work for, e. g., H.264, etc.

QUESTIONS :

1) If you look at my screenshot, the METADATA/Include_Markers-Option is checked. … So, I probably missed something / What is missing to have the clip correctly displaying the CHAPTER MARKERS once exported as a Media_File ? :
2023-02-06_PREMIERE_PRO_EXPORT-SETTINGS_CHAPTER-MARKERS-ISSUE.52.1.png

2) Can anyone provide any working step-by-step tutorial to follow ?

3) Is there any restriction in case the Chapter Markers are set to any duration longer than a single frame ?

Thank you guys for taking the time to solve these issues.

🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its my understanding the chapter markers are a used in files meant to burn on disks: DVD or Bluray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann,

The Chapter Markers Export is supposed to work for YouTube, enabling the user to jump to different Key-Moments ( Moments Clés ) within the clip. You see them in the «More» (more info section) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6vsSrGRZcU 

2023-02-06_PREMIERE_PRO_EXPORT-SETTINGS_CHAPTER-MARKERS-ISSUE.52.2.png

4) The tutorial also shows how-to process a Chapter-Markers-Export for QuickTime, but doesn’t make clear if exporting the Chapter Markers into a single file is mandatory or not. Some comments below rather push to «NOT MANDATORY». Anyone any idea on this point ?

5) When attempting to recreate the same steps on my machine, nor the QuickTime-output (.mov), nor the H.264 (.mp4) clips come out with any Chapter Markers. I’m just wondering why it works in the tutorial and not in real life. … -?-

6) H.264 offers the opportunity to lower the file’s weight (60MB in this case). So, H.264 would definitely be the best choice for me to upload on https://assets.adobe.com/files. Providing finding a fix for 5).

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tutorial is for QuickTime player: no mention of Youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, correct. Here's a Youtube tutorial linked from one of the other threads that talks about how Youtube does this. It is not using embedded markers. You use the File -> Export -> Markers function to get a text file that you paste into the "more" description section of the Youtube video. Then Youtube turns these into actual chapter markers in the Youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lR9NF9bvLY

I don't think there is a standard for all players, so the feature request would be for one player at a time.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say: in my recent tests, VLC did see chapters in a Quicktime file with chapters embedded. It was a very short test video, and the actual chapter performance was inconsistent.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, Ann.
At this former stage, I encountered some output-issues regarding the export of Chapter-Markers into QuickTime. Now, it’s only when exporting into H.264.
🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines