Joystick engineer found

Hi all

Last night during an attempt by some nasty peole with a cash flow problem to relive me of 50 tons of drugs , I broke my main trigger [sad]

However, a friend of a friend said he knew someone who might be able to fix my problem.

And the conversation went something like this

Me> I need this fixed
Engineer> It will cost you, first I'll need some Leestri evil juice, then bring me 1 unit of aluminium
Me(later)> Ok here you go
Engineer> right with this upgrade, mass is increased by 100% but integrity is raised 400%, I can make it lighter, but then integrity is reduced plus the cost will go up.
Me> I think it will do
Engineer> there all done, hope you like it

And thus my stick was restored to full usefulness
Stick1.jpg

(the old trigger is in the bottom right)
Bill

"Right I'm off to see some pirates about 50 tons of drugs they owe me

Hi all

Last night during an attempt by some nasty peole with a cash flow problem to relive me of 50 tons of drugs , I broke my main trigger [sad]

However, a friend of a friend said he knew someone who might be able to fix my problem.

And the conversation went something like this

Me> I need this fixed
Engineer> It will cost you, first I'll need some Leestri evil juice, then bring me 1 unit of aluminium
Me(later)> Ok here you go
Engineer> right with this upgrade, mass is increased by 100% but integrity is raised 400%, I can make it lighter, but then integrity is reduced plus the cost will go up.
Me> I think it will do
Engineer> there all done, hope you like it

And thus my stick was restored to full usefulness
View attachment 112267

(the old trigger is in the bottom right)
Bill

"Right I'm off to see some pirates about 50 tons of drugs they owe me

Awesome upgrade! Seing that this is an old Saitek Cyborg Evo Force: how long has that thing served before breaking? I have an extremely old Evo (not Force) as my backup stick, when my X-52 Pro is out for yet another warranty exchange. Unlike the Madcatz era X-52 Pro, the Evo appears to be almost indestructible.

and +Rep for the nice presentation! :)

Nice repair and great description. That's a great repair! I too have the Cyborg Evo (sans Force) and It's great for playing ED. If mine were to be damaged, I'd also make efforts to repair it if possible. So far all I've had to deal with is lubrication since it's getting old (2005 I believe).

Awesome upgrade! Seing that this is an old Saitek Cyborg Evo Force: how long has that thing served before breaking? I have an extremely old Evo (not Force) as my backup stick, when my X-52 Pro is out for yet another warranty exchange. Unlike the Madcatz era X-52 Pro, the Evo appears to be almost indestructible.

and +Rep for the nice presentation! :)

It was bought for the war in North Korea in 2005, by the time I'd finished, we'd won and I'd lost 4 F-16s :D

Then langished in the bottom of a cupboard (hence the dents in the base) until KSP came out... then went back in the cupboard until Elite came out

In all, its served damn well and was worth the cash I paid for it

Bill

And its still going strong [cool]

Top Bottom