Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmfett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
I need to use iDVD in iMovie 10.

I'm able to create a DVD in iMovie 10 in iDVD, however I cannot create chapter markers on iDVD, is there anyway to do that like we used to when it worked in iMovie 9?

dmfett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
I'm kind of wondering will both iMovies work on the current OS of 10.11.2 ? Or do you have to keep a computer with the older OS that works with iMovie 9 & iDVD?

And If so I will be the best of both worlds.

dmfett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
I'm still on 10.10, and iMovie11(ie v9) still works fine.

So if I understand you correctly, you are in OS 10.10 and have iMovie 10 and iMovie 9 both on your computer and you can open up each individually when you need them.

Is there anything I need to do to make both programs work together without conflict against one another.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
So if I understand you correctly, you are in OS 10.10 and have iMovie 10 and iMovie 9 both on your computer and you can open up each individually when you need them.
That's correct.

Is there anything I need to do to make both programs work together without conflict against one another.
Not quite sure what you mean by that. They are two independent applications, and can neither work together nor conflict with each other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.