NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade DSI Pro....

paul mc c

I am thinking about getting an astro camera and came across one of these for sale,it will be used in a Meade lx 200,how do they compare to newer cameras like the ZWO,s ect,i dont want to spend big money and would hope to get a used camera,with a max of £150,what would be a good starter camera,i have a Canon 1100d that give me some reasonably good"for me"images but would like a dedicated ccd for DS and planetary,any suggestions would be welcome.

Paul

Check how it operates. I have a memory from 2 or 3 years back on a short imaging course that I got told that they take an movie as per a webcam but that they sort of "pre-filter" the results. In effect the bit in registax where you say pick the best 40% that match the identified good frames is done by the camera. It determines the frame quality and if not up to it then get thrown.

Strange operation if it is correct but I do recall the comment and it was about the Meade. Someone had a selection of cameras and explaining the operation of each.

As said seemed odd way of doing it all, actually very odd way of operating, but just in case maybe digging a little deeper may indicate if the camera is suitable to you.

Myself I would prefer to get everything, good, bad, indifferent and proceed from there. Lets be honest if my camera threw out all the poor ones I wouldn't have anything to play with.

Archived