Conspiracy Theory The Food Pyramid

Remove this Banner Ad

Troubadour

Cancelled
Jun 19, 2010
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
No false flags, no aliens and no backing from 2000 engineers and architects, but an interesting "meeting of the minds" between big business and governments all in the name of helping profits rather than the health of citizens.

Luise Light was said to be the nutritional expert who developed the food pyramid we used to see regularly in years gone by.
food-guide-pyramid.jpg

Her original nutrition work was far different to the heavy carb based pyramid above but the food lobby in the US is very strong (think of the giant corn subsidies that led to so many foods containing high fructose corn syrup) and pressured the USDA into a far different version than she ever imagined.

Todays nutritionists believe the true food pyramid should be inverted

Mercola-Food-Pyramid-v2.jpg

All these years later (not to mention rising obesity rates) and we are still being encouraged to consume up to 11 serves of bread, rice and pasta a day. I cut my intake of these must have items and lost 20kg.
What's more important - the health of the individual or profit, power and vested interest?

Last edited:
Useless factoid number 4,736,208

Japan's pyramid is a spinning top, Hung(a)ry has a nutrition house & Germany's is in 3D.

I think every large nation has their own version and recommendations, so the science is not even universal. Not a huge stretch to see big business as the driving force behind this.

Useless factoid number 4,736,208

Japan's pyramid is a spinning top, Hung(a)ry has a nutrition house & Germany's is in 3D.

I think every large nation has their own version and recommendations, so the science is not even universal. Not a huge stretch to see big business as the driving force behind this.

I watched Food Inc a number of years ago and was fascinated to see some of the drivers laid bare - massive corn subsidies encourage farmers to grow more corn, even though there wasn't necessarily a demand for corn. New corn based products are developed to utilise this corn, such as High Fructose Corn Syrup and then added to a range of other products that don't need it. So many food items in the US contain sugar, fructose and high fructose corn syrup.

What ever type of diet the Pharmacuetical Companies benefit from the most is the type of diet that will always be highly recommended & promoted.
Drug mobs make no profit from everyone being healthy, they celebrate every time someone is diagnosed with Cancer or a serious illness, chemo=$$$$$$$$$$

Drug mobs make no profit from everyone being healthy, they celebrate every time someone is diagnosed with Cancer or a serious illness, chemo=$$$$$$$$$$

I'm aware this is the conspiracy board, but this is utter tripe.

Most of the drugs they make lead to cancer hence the hard push to get them into the market.

Which ones, then? See if you can provide peer reviewed, scientific proof.

What ever type of diet the Pharmacuetical Companies benefit from the most is the type of diet that will always be highly recommended & promoted.
Drug companies dont need to impact diet - all they need is to get onto the subsidised list with their drug. End user pays a small amount and they charge the government like wounded bulls. But that is a whole different discussion.

Agree with the OP. I grew up told that bread, pasta and all those processed foods were good, and ate them. Thing is they never made me feel good, only ever bloated and I got about 10 to 12 kgs heavier than my right weight, at one point.

A year and a half ago I followed the philosophy I had sensed was right for a long time: we should eat as we evolved, which is basically the 2nd pyramid in the OP. Without drinking any less beer and wine (I love them... :) ) I dropped the 10-12 kgs, without trying.

Our bodies have a natural weight and shape each, and the contrary information we were fed for years is the reason we have an obesity epidemic. Most of what you see in a cafe or take away store should not be eaten by humans. I'd estimate it's 90%+, and that's possibly conservative.

And yet, we eat all this stuff because they told us we should, all in the name of profit for certain big businesses.

It's an utter, absolute western world disgrace.

Agree with the OP. I grew up told that bread, pasta and all those processed foods were good, and ate them. Thing is they never made me feel good, only ever bloated and I got about 10 to 12 kgs heavier than my right weight, at one point.

A year and a half ago I followed the philosophy I had sensed was right for a long time: we should eat as we evolved, which is basically the 2nd pyramid in the OP. Without drinking any less beer and wine (I love them... :) ) I dropped the 10-12 kgs, without trying.

Our bodies have a natural weight and shape each, and the contrary information we were fed for years is the reason we have an obesity epidemic. Most of what you see in a cafe or take away store should not be eaten by humans. I'd estimate it's 90%+, and that's possibly conservative.

And yet, we eat all this stuff because they told us we should, all in the name of profit for certain big businesses.

It's an utter, absolute western world disgrace.
I agree with most of what you say. These processed foods aren't particularly good for us, but in their pure forms they're ok as long as you get moderate exercise as well.

The last bit where we eat it for big business isn't wholly true. Bread, pasta, noodles etc was made hundreds of years ago as staples for different cultures and it's stayed on because it's all delicious. Yes this has been taken a step further and used to make bucket loads of cash and made even more unhealthy, but we'd be eating these things with or without big business.

I agree with most of what you say. These processed foods aren't particularly good for us, but in their pure forms they're ok as long as you get moderate exercise as well.

The last bit where we eat it for big business isn't wholly true. Bread, pasta, noodles etc was made hundreds of years ago as staples for different cultures and it's stayed on because it's all delicious. Yes this has been taken a step further and used to make bucket loads of cash and made even more unhealthy, but we'd be eating these things with or without big business.

Yes they didn't invent those foods but they're profiting from them being promoted as healthy. That first pyramid is an abomination.

And in the end if it's a choice between bread and starving you eat the bloody bread, and that's why bread, pasta etc were invented, as you alluded to. But when the choice is between that and something better, you go the something better. Problem is, for generations they told us the bread, pasta was the something better, but they were not correct.

No false flags, no aliens and no backing from 2000 engineers and architects, but an interesting "meeting of the minds" between big business and governments all in the name of helping profits rather than the health of citizens.

Luise Light was said to be the nutritional expert who developed the food pyramid we used to see regularly in years gone by.
food-guide-pyramid.jpg

Her original nutrition work was far different to the heavy carb based pyramid above but the food lobby in the US is very strong (think of the giant corn subsidies that led to so many foods containing high fructose corn syrup) and pressured the USDA into a far different version than she ever imagined.

Todays nutritionists believe the true food pyramid should be inverted

Mercola-Food-Pyramid-v2.jpg

All these years later (not to mention rising obesity rates) and we are still being encouraged to consume up to 11 serves of bread, rice and pasta a day. I cut my intake of these must have items and lost 20kg.
What's more important - the health of the individual or profit, power and vested interest?

Interesting intake. I honestly never though about how much Breads and rice I had to consume but how much fruit and veggies I had to consume. What interests me is butter being in the Healthy Fats and Veggies column on the list? Is it now healthy again? But I'd rather information from an Australian.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The authors of "Fit for Life" make a convincing case that we only need to eat fresh fruit.

Fit for life also explains what health is, whereas orthodox medicine is simply about removing/treating disease, and presumably defines health as the absence of disease.

Interesting intake. I honestly never though about how much Breads and rice I had to consume but how much fruit and veggies I had to consume. What interests me is butter being in the Healthy Fats and Veggies column on the list? Is it now healthy again? But I'd rather information from an Australian.

Nothing wrong with actual unsalted butter - it only has one ingredient. My concern is with the more processed alternatives such as margarine which may have things like sunflower oils as added ingredients to make it easier to spread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back