wall-e

renae3

Mouseketeer
Disney has a movie called wall-e coming out in June. Is there anything about it in any of the parks, any characters? Just curious, thanks.

Disney has a movie called wall-e coming out in June. Is there anything about it in any of the parks, any characters? Just curious, thanks.

No characters, yet.

Many here are expecting a free-roving WALL•E to appear... sometime.

wall_e_pod_small.jpg

My family is going to WDW in early June and I'm really hoping that wall-e will be out to meet. I am a huge character fan!

my son who is 5 laughed every time he saw a Wall-E poster on the buses when we were there a couple of weeks ago. We are suprising them with another trip labor day weekend, so i am hoping he is there. he will be soooooo happy

Doesn't wall e look a little like Johnny Five? If you don't remember him right away, short circuit, "JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVE".

:)
Doesn't wall e look a little like Johnny Five? If you don't remember him right away, short circuit, "JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVE".

Yes.

I can see a little android-family resemblance between WALL•E and Short Circuit's Johnny-5.

John5-1jpg.jpg

.........................Johnny-5

johnny_5_ebay.jpg

.........................Johnny-5

There is a droid in the Star Tours queue who talks to guests, who is a near-ringer for Johnny-5, too.

Your second picture of Johnny is his angry face, like when he strapped on the die hard batteries and went to town. I love it.

Thanks, guys. Now I'm singing that horrible song, "Who's Johnny? She said. Something something other way. Who's Johnny?"

So here is a question - Knowing that Disney has the habit of making really cool interactive experiences and then shipping them overseas (Lucky the Dinosaur to Paris and the Muppet Mobile Lab to Hong Kong), where do you foresee them placing a Wall-E interactive robot - that is if they keep it at Disney World? The most logical places are Epcot (in future world near Mission:Space) and the Studios near the newly to be reopened Pixar Place.

Pro's for Epcot include being fairly wide open so it would be easier to handle congestion created by such a novelty. It also has the best overall theme to handle such a character (futuristic, space, robot, etc). Cons would include the fact that Epcot already has an interactive experience with Crush and it may not capitalize on Wall-E's association with Pixar.

Pro's for the Studios include the fact that they simply need it more than Epcot. They also may need an additional push to drive people to Pixar Place. It would continue the trend of focusing the Studios on Pixar. Con's include the fact that the studios will already have one interactive experience in Pixar Place with the new Mr Potato Head at Toy Story Mania (though it would be humorous to see an interaction between Mr Potato Head and a roaming Wall-E).

He could possibly go to Magic Kingdom and Tomorrowland but that park doesnt really need it as much as others. I just hope if this does come to fruition, that he stays in the US rather than be shipped overseas.

The most logical places are Epcot (in future world near Mission:Space) and the Studios near the newly to be reopened Pixar Place.

I'm thinking the Studios @ Pixar Place.

And the technology for this would not need to be very high-tech.

(Think PUSH. PIPA, and WES PALM.)

So they could "clone" enough WALL•E's for every Disney country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter