BE HONEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think he would fail as expectations were generally low, but I didn't for a second expect what we got.

i wasnt really fussed about him at the time plus id put dosh on the porto manager becoming our next boss so i was a little gutted

iain-dowie-totally-looks-like-sloth.jpg

Funny that Bungle, when I seen that photo I also thought of that one, wonder if they are related?

I was happy enough with his appointment because we all knew he was a football purist. Was even prepared to accept a couple of lower league finishes as long as we changed our style. Knew he would bring something interesting to this club but he exceeded mine and probably everyones expectations. We still might not win anything but at least we will have a go and not accept mediocrity and label it as a success.

i wasnt really arsed, but after doing the pre-season and seeing how he was with the fans i warmed to him quickly,
tho i remember being at the real betis game and thinking. this isnt nice to watch.

I was happy to have him here but didn't expect him to be this successful this season. He fits us and our history like a glove. When he was walking round today at the end of season celebration with his bairn in his arms fast asleep beaming at everyone ( Bobby, not the bairn ) I felt quite emotional. It's been a long time since we've had a manager which mad me feel this good about being an Evertonian.

If, nae when we win something, he'll cement his place in our history.

I was not a fan at first, but i will always back anyone once they enter the Everton family.

Roberto is an absolute star, such a nice guy with a passion for football and god damn sexy. I'd suck him off x x x

vault me. like AF says though, i wouldn't have really considered him before the QF tie. it was his FA Cup win as a whole that made me warm to it tbh.

at the start i was just pointing out why he'd be a good choice as opposed to whether i thought he was the right one. i was just relieved there was no stubbs, no neville, no weir and most of all no moyes

Yes but it's still early, not like he has his own defenders in yet. That'll be interesting.

I was unsure about him being able to maintain our usual 5th-8th position, but thought that he was a decent choice.

i did not want him but i have been amazed to be honest and refreshed and excited! but i am worried still about transfers.

I wanted him from the start.

Remember talking to a United supporting colleague when the interviewing was going on, he was more excited to get Moyes than I was to get Martinez :D

I had obvious concerns but I never threw bricks at him. He belongs at Everton, that much is obvious. I liked the shot of him today with lil' Roberta...she was NEA, Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.