Skip to main content

My latest Toy: A dodge AT4 with a difference

More
3 years 11 months ago #210399 by roKWiz

Zuffen wrote: Can I ask what the white door stop is on the floor under the brake pedal is for?

If the pedal can reach the stopper I would be a lot more than a little concerned.

Looks a little like a foot headlight dimmer switch to me given it has a HQ steering column (no headlight control stalk HJ to WB)
Love the GTS steering wheel.

Very nice ride and colour.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210400 by hayseed

husky wrote: Could the white be the end of the hand brake setup, it looks like its mounted on the underside of dash and the shot angle makes it appear like its under the brake pedal ,could be mistaken beautiful truck by the way Paul,

Zuffen, I reckon Husky has It....

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/18270

PS; This is almost another WOTZIT...B)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by hayseed.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210401 by roKWiz

hayseed wrote:

husky wrote: Could the white be the end of the hand brake setup, it looks like its mounted on the underside of dash and the shot angle makes it appear like its under the brake pedal ,could be mistaken beautiful truck by the way Paul,

Zuffen, I reckon Husky has It....

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/18270

PS; This is almost another WOTZIT...B)

managed to zoom right in on that pic, yeah I can see it now, handbrake.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
3 years 11 months ago #210402 by bparo
To quickly answer people's queries,

- It has a foot dimmer switch to the left of the clutch.
- The lever pointing out is in fact the hand brake in the on position, when off the lever points to the floor
- The engineers report is good for Victoria, the RWC is not but it has been transferred to my name in NSW and I have 3 months to move it to vic reg. Will be liaising with the local VicRoads office as there is a hot rod club in town (Rich River Rod Club) with members both sides of the border so they have the experience to tell me what to do as it happens every month or so.
- We are going to get the guy that does the engineers reports for the rod club to have a look as we have an auto gearbox being reconditioned to put in it. (so Helen can drive it too) so will be getting the paperwork updated (note it's all bolt in changes and not a performance increase so minimal changes).
- The plan is for an under dash unit. My mechanic and the car air conditioning guy a few doors up the road are both into old and modified vehicles so we will be taking their advice
- it will be having power steering fitted. As long as we use HZ components it doesn't need that engineered as it was a factory option for the chassis.
- I need to fit up the missing chrome (it's under the seat but missing one of the points at the front. not sure which side until we fit it up
- it will be getting a radio to fill the hole in the dash
- it also needs some better floor coverings so we will be putting sound deadening/insulation under it.
- the door keys are missing so we will get some cut and also fit central locking and an immobiliser

With all that done it will still come in under budget but our budget wouldn't extend to one with all that done. These changes also make it "ours". The aim is to set it up as a presentable, comfortable tourer so we can go to runs and shows easily. Most of them are a couple of hours each way.

It's planned to take it on Crawlin next year instead of the XP (which will hopefully be sold by then) but it won't be slow!

Yes it needed some work but it was priced at 1/3 to 1/2 the price of one that had everything already done (and those ones were over our budget), the basics are solid and engineered and we expect to spend another $8K to $10K on her which will still be under our budget and give us a safe, reliable vehicle that will easily cruise at speed limits.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 years 11 months ago #210403 by Sarge
Bruce, apart from drag racing in first gear from every traffic light, will you be doing the HZ bucket seats, I reckon the best seats ever chucked in a car.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210404 by bparo
The diff ratio is a good cruising ratio, not a drag racing ratio, by the time you let the clutch out your doing 35kmh.

Not planning to change the seats at the moment. It's registered as a 3 seater and has seat belts for all positions. We may change our minds later but will see how it is now for a start

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210410 by Lang
If someone is jealous of Bruce's new machine here is one for you.
www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/683691262472123
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210417 by cobbadog
We want to change Lorry from a 3 seater to a 2 seater. This will stop the sister inlaw from coming with us.
I found a universal a/c kit on fleabay and it was an under dash unit and you make all your own hoses up using a set of cutters provided and then hose clamps. I asked around to a few a/c repair places and they said it would be ok to do it that way and that they would be happy to test it and fill it if it passed the tests. I just haven't got around to buying it as yet.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210422 by wee-allis
Cobba, if you change the seats in the Hino as you want to do, it will have to be engineered and the compliance changed. Probably easier to take the sister-in-law for a day out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 11 months ago #210426 by Morris
Cobbadog,
Some of those universal kits come already charged with refrigerant gas. I am not sure how they stop you losing all the gas when you open the hose, or maybe they have hoses or pipes supplied and when you tighten up the fittings, they break the seals, allowing tghe gas to circulate. Those may save the expense of having a Fridgie gas it for you.

Can you remove the centre of the seat padding? or fit a picnic box or car fridge there to make it impossible to take unwanted passengers?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds