Mysterious orange spider ID?

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Today I saw a little orange spider on a wall. It had about 7 mm long body and very long legs. It had a round head and a long butt, and looked a bit like this guy:

I couldn't see the face, but I doubt that the eyes looked like that, though. :) Any suggestions what it could be?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If the depiction of the legs and body is semi-accurate, then it's most likely one of the Pholcidae (Cellar Spiders).

On the other hand, if the legs are accurate - but the body was a single fused segment, without a distinctly separate abdomen and cephalothorax - then it may have been one of the Opiliones (Harvestmen).

Cororon

Arachnoknight
If the depiction of the legs and body is semi-accurate, then it's most likely one of the Pholcidae (Cellar Spiders).

On the other hand, if the legs are accurate - but the body was a single fused segment, without a distinctly separate abdomen and cephalothorax - then it may have been one of the Opiliones (Harvestmen).
It's not a cellar spider. The butt is straight and rounded at the end. The abdomen and cephalothorax are distinct, so it's a true spider. It has some tiny markings on the abdomen, but it was difficult to see exactly what they looked like. I tried to draw it:

I know the cartoon spider is a mix of a cellar spider and wolf spider, and it's pretty large in the cartoon. But "my" spider is tiny. :) I said "hi" and asked what species it was, but got no reply. I guess not everyone in Sweden speaks swedish. :)

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Hm, I think I saw a lighter "line" on the abdomen. Maybe something like this?

So, a tiny long-legged orange true spider. It's one of those people usually don't notice because of their small size. Or perhaps this was a young one.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's not a cellar spider. The butt is straight and rounded at the end.
An elongated abdomen does not necessarily rule out a Cellar Spider. There are nearly a hundred different genera of cellar spiders, and nearly 2,000 species. Some have the rounded, bulbous abdomens - while others are more elongated like your drawing. They also come in a wide range of sizes, from fairly large to very tiny - and even the largest of them start out quite small as spiderlings.

See for example this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickadel/47493008381 that is sort of orangeish, or this one: http://nathistoc.bio.uci.edu/spiders/Pholcidae cellar spider.JPG or these: http://www.eurospiders.com/Pholcus_phalangioides.htm that have an elongated abdomen and a pattern of spots on the abdomen like the one you drew.

I'm not saying your spider is a Cellar Spider, because it's impossible to say for sure what it is without pictures of the actual spider - just pointing out that there's a lot of variation in Cellar Spiders.

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Not Clubiona either.

@chanda Yes, I know. But the legs of this spider were not quite as "sticks with bends"-looking, although they were very long. The cartoon pic I posted isn't perfect, and I would too have guessed Cellar spider at the moment I saw it.

Earlier this summer I saw a very similar spider, but with an almost black body and long beige legs. The cephalothorax was round, and the abdomen long. Also very small. It could belong to the same genus.

Cororon

Arachnoknight
The legs look similar, but the cephalothorax on the spiders I saw were much smaller compared to those, round, more head-like than on most other spiders. The proportions are almost exactly like my drawings.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
A picture of the actual spider could help clear this up very quickly, if the spider can still be found. Not that your drawings are not accurate or helpful, but an actual photo would provide a completely accurate representation.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Cororon

Arachnoknight
perhaps some sort of leggy pisaurid?
I don't think so.

This is what the other similar spider looked like from the side. The orange one looked the same, except for the colour, of course. They didn't seem to have hairs, but they were so small that it was difficult to see. I must take the camera with me more often!

Cororon

Arachnoknight
A picture of the actual spider could help clear this up very quickly, if the spider can still be found. Not that your drawings are not accurate or helpful, but an actual photo would provide a completely accurate representation.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Hah! Yeah, I know. I wished I had the camera with me. Now I kinda want to print out my drawings in a tiny format and paste them on the wall where I saw the spider and ask it to call me.

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Maybe they are Linyphiinae sheetweavers... I've seen lots of those webs nearby.